Wednesday, September 23, 2009

the big 30

So I am sitting here just thinking where all my years have gone, and what I have done over the years. I am going to be 30 on Sunday and I still cant belive it. I just dont feel that age, I dont really think as 30 as old, I just cant belive I am going to be 30. Where has the years gone. Has being a wife/mother really taken all my 20s and made time go faster.

I remember as a kid, getting excited for my birthday. The gifts, cake and just one more year down. All those special ages you wanted to be. 13 so you can finally say I am a teenager, then 15 so you could get your permit, 16 so you can drive!! 18 your an adult and most likley are graduating highschool. 20 your not in the teens nomore and only one year till you can drink!! then of course 21 you can drink now!! Then what??? I dont have anymore ages to look forward to, I am not saying it all goes down hill, but the excitment of your birthdays are gone. I mean what can you say, I am gonna be 30 and I can do???? well what?? What can I do that I couldnt before?? Its just kinda sad in a way. So now I look forward to my kids turning older and seeing how much they have growned and learned from year to year. And see the excitment in thier faces as they turn those wonderful ages and have the yearly countdown till they can do this and that.

So here I sit a few days from the big 30 and I feel sad not because I am getting old, cause I am not, you are only as old as you feel. and this chick still feels in her mid 20s at times, but I feel sad cause the excitment of my own birthday is gone.

2 comments:

  1. Well, you can get reduced rates for insurance... You can wake up the in the morning and know that you are an amazing mother and wife. You can be anything and do anything you want to! Being 30 just opens your mind to the opportunity of what is still out there to be conquered.

    ReplyDelete